Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dog Days...




If you knew us pre-children you probably thought we were a bit crazed over a dear dog, Willie. He was a lap dog if ever there was one. He dressed up for Halloween and made it on the Christmas cards. We loved that dog as though it was an actual child. That is until we had a child and then two.

For the last 2.5 years Willie has been miserable. He hates his life. He used to be able to sit on a couch for 10 hours and no one bugged him. Now, he doesn't get a moments peace. Not only do they try and play with his grouchy self they like to share his food too. I would like to say this is not an inherited trait (I was a big fan of some Alpo) but I would be lying. I am not sure what it is about his dog bowls, but they love it. I often find morsels of Kibbles n' Bits in the clutches of Neal's palms. Neal also loves playing in the water. We have had many wardrobe changes due to this fascination.

Poor Willie.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, alpo! I regularly find James crunching on something that turns out to be the dogs food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Bout time that gaseous Willie had some competition and realized he is NOT a human :)

    ReplyDelete